Because we strongly believe that the seafood industry and seafood related services can contribute significantly to a more sustainable world, Hofseth International commits itself to proactive environmental management on all levels.
When you borrow your friend's car, you give it back in the same condition as when you picked it up. The same must be a goal for the local environment in which we operate.
CEO - Hofseth AS
- We ensure an organizational structure, management systems, procedures and training effort so that these, as a minimum, ensure that Hofseth International complies with relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- In order to achieve continuous improvement we involve our employees, suppliers, customers, partners and other interested parties in our environmental efforts.
- Suppliers of intermediate products must have a good environmental profile, show social responsibility and follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate.
- Strive towards using only suppliers operating in countries complying with regulations and human rights understanding similar to the ones we have in Norway.
- Our goal is continuous improvement of environmental performance in our activities, products and services. We are actively seeking opportunities to reduce negative environmental impact in a life cycle perspective.
- The company uses sustainably farmed raw materials from Norway (SALMON WELFARE) in order to prevent negative impact on the wild stock through good farming practices.
- Implement measures for recycling and energy saving, and view this as opportunities to improve the group's livelihood and earning opportunities.
- Social responsibility shall be reported in the consolidated financial statements in accordance with the parameters the company sets (see indicators for reporting social responsibility).
Hofseth International considers 100% use of the raw material one of its most important contributions to the environment. This is done through targeted work making use of the "plus products" which remain when the main products are made. The goal is that the share going to animal feed/incineration shall go towards zero percent and the share going to various human consumption shall reach 100%. This is to be monitored daily when manufacturing and reported in the consolidated accounts. In addition to being a considerable contribution to preventing unnecessary waste of resources, it will also be an important financial contribution to ensuring the company's livelihood. It will also reduce the company's volume of waste for incineration.
The company's goal is that as much as possible of packaging and plastic used in production is recyclable. The company's production units have separation of plastic and cardboard as well as their own recycling of EPS (polystyrene). Such measures will help the environment as well as save costs for the company.
Hofseth International will monitor the use of power per manufactured kilo of raw material. This will be included in the company's consolidated accounts and measured in kWh/kilo raw material. By implementing energy saving measures like heat recycling and investing in new, power saving equipment, the company will reduce the environmental impact and reduce its costs.