Hofseth International shall manufacture products and services of such a quality that the company's existence is secured in the short and long run. Quality shall ensure safe food, profitable operations and a continuous development of the company.
This shall be achieved by:
- Quality and reliability characterizing all our activities, both when it comes to products, services and the way we work.
- Strive to determine and fulfill the customer's requirements aiming at increased customer satisfaction.
- Targeted measures in daily operations to promote active and continuous improvement efforts.
- Fulfill all current requirements, laws and regulations relating to food production.
- Having systems ensuring continuous improvement of internal processes.
- Regular internal evaluation of results and goals throughout the organization to make sure strategies and established procedures are being followed.
- Evaluations shall be used actively to further develop and improve current practices, strategies and routines.
- Continuously working towards using as much as 100% of the raw materials for human consumption.
- Collaborating with our suppliers of raw materials in order to ensure the best possible quality of raw materials and stability. This shall be done by our suppliers of raw materials complying with the requirements of our "SALMON WELFARE" philosophy.
The above shall be followed up by measuring:
- Customer satisfaction, including ability to deliver and quality.
- Deviations and unwanted events.
- Results of internal controls and tests.
- Product compliance
- Production stoppage
Suppliers of raw materials will be checked in accordance with the requirements of the "SALMON WELFARE" philosophy which is set as a requirement in order to be able to supply raw materials to the company. In order to be approved for supplying raw materials, suppliers must therefore comply with the following 10 standards:
- Raw materials (salmon/trout) must be 100% without pharmaceutical residues.
- Special program for combating salmon lice (use of chemicals only will not be accepted).
- Density in sea cages shall be 2.5% salmon/trout and 97.50% water. Large variations around this will not be accepted.
- Fish health shall be checked every 14 days.
- Frequent quality controls and analyses of fish feed.
- Frequent controls of water quality and the water's oxygen levels.
- Good monitoring of the environmental situation around the fish farm.
- Ethical and safe transportation from the fish farm to the abattoir.
- HACCAP certified abattoir with traceability system from finished product to the egg stage.
- Production processes shall be in compliance with current Norwegian law.
When the end consumer sees the "SALMON WELFARE" logo he shall be reassured that the salmon/trout has been growing in pure water without pollution in a Norwegian fjord, and that the fish has been raised under strict guidelines ensuring good fish health throughout its life cycle.
The group management commits to implementing the requirements of the quality system and make sure that sufficient resources and investments are being allocated to ensure compliance with safety requirements, legal requirements and customer requirements.
The group management shall annually go through and evaluate the quality system in its entirety, as well as evaluate the following areas:
- Internal and external audits.
- Former managements' reviews with measures and deadlines.
- Results of customer satisfaction surveys, complaints and feedback.
- Incidents, corrective measures, non-compliant results and goods not in accordance with specifications.
- Control of raw material suppliers and suppliers of intermediate goods.
- Process performance and deviations from defined parameters.
- Reviewing the HACCP based system.
- Development and collection of scientific information relevant to products covered by current standards and legal requirements.
- Resource requirements.